2018 Smarter Balanced Literacy/ELA and Math Score Reports are now available through Skyward Family Access!
See the letter sent home to families via email or U.S. mail detailing how to access student score reports.
Free SAT In School for Juniors, March 6, 2018
Shoreline Public Schools is pleased to offer the SAT free of charge to all juniors this year. For more information click here.
For questions about testing at your school, please contact your school counselor.
Welcome to the Assessment website for Shoreline Public Schools. The purpose of this site is to provide information about state and district assessments, and conducting research in the district.
UPDATE ON STATE ASSESSMENTS REQUIRED FOR GRADUATION
In July of 2017 the Washington Legislature changed the state testing requirements for graduation. The major changes are:
- Science Not Needed for Graduation until 2021: Students will not need to pass a science examination to graduate until the class of 2021. Students in grades 5, 8, and 11 will continue to take a state science test, but they will not need to pass it to graduate. Students who did not graduate due to the science assessment are now eligible to graduate.
- High School State Assessment Moved to Grade 10: The state Smarter Balanced Assessment in English Language Arts (Reading, Writing, and Listening) and Math will be administered in grade 10 starting in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Graduation Options for Current Students: Students who do not pass the state examinations will have additional ways to show they are prepared to graduate. More information about these options can be found on the state website here. The Collection of Evidence option has been eliminated.
- It's not too late to graduate! Students in the classes of 2014 through 2017 who were not able to graduate due to not passing state tests in English Language Arts or Math may be eligible for a no-cost state graduation appeal. Click here for more information.
- State Assessment Pathways: A chart prepared by the state assessment office showing which students need to take which assessments can be found here.
2018-2019 DISTRICT AND STATE ASSESSMENTS
Click here for a list of all the district and state required assessments and the testing windows. This list will be updated as necessary.
NEW DISTRICT ASSESSMENTS ADOPTED STARTING 2018-2019
On June 18, 2018, the School Board adopted the recommedations of the District Assessment Review Committee. Starting in the fall of 2018, we will be using the assessments shown below at all schools.
QUESTIONS ABOUT STATE ASSESSMENTS AND LEARNING STANDARDS?
READYWA is a state website with a lot of information about what, why, and how we assess students in Washington. Click here to go to their website.
Want to learn more about the Smarter Balanced Assessments taken by all students grades 3-8 and high school in Washington? Two informative videos and more information can be found here.
WHAT'S THE CONNECTION BETWEEN STATE LEARNING STANDARDS AND STATE ASSESSMENT?
Check out this information from ReadyWA