Book Suggestions: For those of you looking for reading suggestions while school is closed, click on the FlipGrid tab on the left!
Club Info: PIZZA and BOOKS dates: April 30, May 14, May 28, and June 11. WRITE Stuff dates: May 7, May 21, and June 4. Start time for both clubs is 3 PM. Email Ms. Dame for Zoom Link.
Library Book Return: Library books will not be considered overdue during this unprecedented time. There will be a first round of collection on April 30th and May 1st. Please refer to the email from Ms. Fritz and Ms. Emmanuel for details. There will be another collection date later if you are still reading your book(s) or can't find them yet.
Office Hours!! Join me, Aarene Storms (Richmond Beach/Lake Forest Park), Rick Osillo (Shoreline), and Geneva Norton (Shoreline Schools District) to get book recommendations, information on how to use KCLS resources, or just hang out with your favorite librarians and talk about books, writing, etc.
Mondays: 10-10:30 and Thursdays: 9:30-10, starting 4/27 (Email Ms. Dame for the Zoom link)
Click here to watch a video on how to Check out e- and audio- books
Middle School Library Webpage - lots of useful resources and information on this site. Check it out!! I made it with the Kellogg librarian, Ms. O'Connor.
UW Reads - Earn prizes and gear from UW by tracking your reading minutes. Details HERE
Wondering how to get your Chromebook to read text out loud? Find out here as well as some useful Chromebook tips.
Einstein Library Staff:
- Anne Dame, Librarian (393-4733, email@example.com)
- Lyn Ching, Library Technician (393-6056, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Robert O'Meara, Technology (393-5972, email@example.com)
Hours:8:00 AM to 3:00 PM daily.If students would like to stay in the library after school, they need to make arrangements with Ms. Dame or Ms. Ching.Students registered for Hang Time may come to Tiger Tutoring in the library every Tuesday and Thursday or to The WRITE Stuff, Pizza & Books, or Anime/Drawing club on Wednesdays.Miscellaneous Information:
- LOST BOOKS: If you lost a book that was checked out to you, there are several options. You can pay the fine. You can replace the book with a new copy of the same title. You can talk to Ms. Dame or Ms. Ching about doing a book swap. You can also talk to Ms. Dame or Ms. Ching about working or reading off your fine.
- DONATIONS: The library happily accepts donations of gently used books, appropriate for middle school students. We also have a wish list of specific titles we would like to add to our collection.
- RECYCLE PRINT CARTRIDGES: We are a recycling center for used printer cartridges. Please bring yours in as we get money in exchange for them. We then use that money to purchase new materials for the library. We, and our planet, thank you!
- VOLUNTEERS: If you would like to volunteer in the library, we would love to have you. Contact Ms. Dame or Ms. Ching for further information.