Contact Coach Jensen: email@example.com
All workouts and tryouts take place at the Meridian Park Field which is behind Meridian Park Elementary School.
We are currently in the off-season part of the year. If you have not played on the team before, but are interested in the sport/team, please contact Coach Jensen. Also pay attention to this page as we will be adding dates/times for off-season workouts in the first few weeks of school. These workouts are in addition to possible weight room times and are a wonderful opportunity to meet teammates, build team chemistry and strengthen your skills before the season begins.
For information about our coaching style and philosophy, please check the documents section.
What are you doing to help yourself become a better player?
What kind of player will you be the season starts?
Will you be the hitter that pitchers do not want to face?
Will you be the fielder that always knows what to do on the next pitch?
Will you be the teammate that other players can look to as a person who shows maximum effort and positive attitude in every practice and game?
Weekday in-season practices during the season will begin at 3:00 pm. Bring warm clothes, water and non-metal cleats for working in the cage and out on the field. Please bring pants for practice.
Things to Keep in Mind to Help the Team and Earn Playing Time.
1. It doesn't take any talent to hustle. Go hard all of the time (Never walk while on the field).
2. Maintain your grades to stay eligible. Study, do your homework and get plenty of sleep. Your first responsibility is to be a student.
3. Be coachable. Listen to your coaches and ask questions if you have them.
4. Love the game. Show it by your commitment to practicing hard and displaying maximum effort at all times.
5. Don't tell coaches what you are worth, prove it to them.
6. Be dedicated to your team. Do what you have to in order to be the best player and teammate that you can be.
7. Understand your importance and your role within the program. Everyone has a job to do. Do yours to the best of your ability.
8. Be ready to compete. You must earn your spot on the team and you must compete for every success.
Your first priority is academics. Stay organized, work hard and stay involved in class. Be the best student, player and person that you can be!
We hope that this page will be useful to all of you who are current team members as well as those who hope to join us for the upcoming season.
Please remember to check this page regularly for important information.