- Join Shorewood Boosters and see what’s coming up for you and your students this fall.
- CONNECT TO THE Shorewood PTSA WEBSITE
- Funds will benefit as many students and teachers as possible
- Funds will be used to directly improve academic achievement
- A summer mailing recaps the previous year’s grants and provides an envelope for donations
- In December the poinsettia/wreath sale occurs
What is EQC?
EQC stands for Enrichment for Quality Classrooms
EQC is a PTSA committee, making all donations tax-deductible as PTSA is a 501 (c) 3
EQC has been in existence since 1995.
EQC’s mission is to make up shortfalls in Federal, State and local funding and ensure quality education at Shorewood.
To receive EQC monies, teachers may make grant requests in the fall. These requests are prioritized by the department heads
Criteria that must be followed by teachers include:
Each grant request is carefully analyzed by the current EQC committee and the principal to avoid duplicate or unnecessary purchases.
Thanks to our wonderful donors, EQC grants $20,000-$30,000 each year to our Shorewood teachers and students.
How does EQC get its money?
EQC has two fundraisers each year:
We also receive money from a donated item or two in the Shorewood Booster Auction, and designated donations from United Way, the Washington State Combined Fund Drive and employer matching donations.
- SHOREWOODSENIOR SPREE!